This committee is focused on the well-being of the purebred Chow Chow as a pet in today's society. Some of the committee's functions are:
- to provide information about the Chow Chow breed to Chow owners, the public, animal shelters, and veterinarians.
- to provide a central contact point for people seeking placement for abandoned or unwanted Chows and those who would like to adopt them.
- to maintain a directory of Chow Rescue volunteers.
- to provide information, resources, and support to Chow Rescue volunteers and other individuals assisting homeless Chow Chows.
- to administer the Welfare Fund. The Welfare Fund provides financial assistance to rescue volunteers to help offset the costs of medical services needed to make homeless purebred Chow Chows healthy and ready for placement in new homes.
For more information, even more articles on the training and care of Chow Chows, resources for rescue volunteers, and descriptions of rescued Chows for adoption across the U.S., visit the Chow Chow Welfare Web Site
Donations may be made online via PayPal:
All donations are personally acknowledged.
(The Chow Chow Club, Inc. is a non-profit organization incorporated in the state of New York in 1906 but is not federally recognized as tax-exempt so donations to the club are not tax-deductible.)
We regularly auction donated Chow Chow items and collectibles on Ebay. Watch for these exciting sales! All CCCI Welfare Fund auctions are marked "helps CCCI Welfare". Donors and purchasers of our auction items are honored in our Donors Hall Of Fame.
Chow Rescue Organizations:Please note: The groups named below are operated by members of the Chow Chow Club, Inc. but are not supervised or endorsed by the Club in any way. Before adopting or surrendering a Chow, do your homework on the organization just as you would when checking out a breeder. The Chow Chow Club, Inc. does not foster or place rescued Chows and is not responsible for private adoptions. For additional listings of Chow Rescue organizations, visit the Chow Chow Welfare Web Site New York:
Chow Chow Rescue of Central New York Texas:
West Texas Chow Chow Rescue Washington:
Pacific Northwest Chow Chow Rescue